These four questions can help you make smarter mortgage and housing choices:
- Why is it better to buy a home right now vs. renting a home?
Buying a home usually requires more upfront capital, more ongoing expenses and a longer term commitment. That being said, it’s also a great way to build wealth and equity, strengthen community ties, create financial stability year to year and capitalize on tax incentives. Make sure to run the numbers with a mortgage professional to evaluate whether you’d be better off buying vs. renting.
- How can I make sure this fits into my short-term and long-term budget?
Make sure to strategize with a professional and compare your options when it comes to:
- Choosing a down payment amount and strategy
- Choosing a monthly payment scenario
- Choosing a price range for your new home
- How will this financial decision impact other areas of my life?
Make sure to think through how your cash flow situation will impact:
- Children’s college funding
- Retirement planning
- Taking care of elderly parents
- Other large financial purchases or commitments
- What mortgage and home buying strategy will result in less overall financial risk?
The mortgage is most likely going to be your single-largest debt; and your home is most likely going to be your single largest investment. That’s why it’s important to evaluate and compare your options with an Axia Home Loans Mortgage Advisor.